Monday, March 17, 2008

The Sandwich Life

If possible our life has become more hectic. In January my 96 year old Aunt (Aunt Bee) came to live with us. She had broken her hip in November, and after therapy and rehabilitation, was good enough to "break out" of the rehab hospital. She made great progress practically racing up and down the hallway with her walker. But, then she fell one night, and that has slowed her progress. Luckily, she did not break anything and is slowly regaining her ability to walk. She is quite an amazing person. At 96 she is very spry and alert and opinionated. She drinks wine and eats cookies, and puts up with my crazy children. She praises them and loves them and this experience is good for us all. She will turn 97 on April 15, maybe I need to throw a big party ! I titled this the Sandwich Life, because I am in the middle of taking care of aging family and also raising young children. Sometimes my life feels like the ham in the middle of a ham and cheese sandwich. At times it is squished, but it is also really good. (I guess I could be the cheese, but really, I think I am the ham.)

1 comment:

Dice said...

Just wait til you get the organ transplant people to live with you. It will be the spice to the ham sandwich.

Candice

Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)

Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)