Friday, July 25, 2008

Family Reunion

I am going to Boise today, so this is going to be a short entry, but I had to get this on the blog, and I will write more about it later. Each year on the 24th of July, we have the Bohling Family reunion. Shelley, my sister, is gracious enough to have it her home. It's wonderful. The backyard is shaded, there are plenty of chairs and tables, activities for kids including a slip and go waterslide, everyone brings some food, it's a good time. But the ultimate Bohling Family reunion experience is the Candy Cannon. Only at Shelley's can you find this good, down-home entertainment for free! This year, they brought out the big cannon, yes, they have two. Basically you add gun-powder, and tons of candy, move the kids back, warn the old people what we are doing so they don't have a heart attack, and pull the string and BOOM! Ah Candy falling from the sky, it's like heaven.


2 comments:

tara said...

How do I get in on this seriously awesome reunion??

Judy said...

You are invited. Every year, 24th of July. Also my nephew does this same thing at his annual BBQ in August. You are invited to that too. August 22, 2009. Plan on attending. This year he also had fire dancers, water slides, and a balloon guy. He invited his whole neighborhood.

Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)

Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)