Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween



As you may know, Halloween is not my favorite holiday. In fact, I think it is my least favorite. I think I even like Flag Day better. But, I have children, so I deal with it. Haley went with her friends, and I took the boys, and Troy "Mr. Candy" handed out candy. Max was a transformer "bumble bee," Josh was a dalmation and Haley was a 50's girl. It was lovely weather, no need to bundle the kids up. I gave the boys the instructions on how to ring the doorbell, say trick or treat, say thank you and walk away. What screwed the whole thing up is the old people in the neighborhood who think it is nice for the little kiddies to pick out their own treat. NOOOoooooo!!! As I slap my forehead. My children don't understand the "take one" treat concept. So as Max and Josh were just taking handfulls, I am saying from the curb, just one, just one ! So as we walked down the street we discussed the rules again. Then the next old lady said, oh you can take two. Good God people. Just give them one candy bar and let's move on! We made it to the end of our street and around the corner, when Max had his first meltdown. He layed on the grass, saying "I can't do it." It's a struggle for Max. So we went a few more houses and Max screamed at me, "I am done with Trick or Treating." So we went home. Josh was ready too. Max was home and out of his costume before Josh and I even made it in the house. They had fun, got to wear their costumes, and had a parade at kindergarten. Haley had fun with her friends and got to go to IHOP after. It was a very happy halloween.

1 comment:

Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)

Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)