Thursday, December 23, 2010
Christmas 2010
The days before Christmas are always busy with last minute shopping and trying to get everything done. I think today we will try to make some Christmas cookies. It never goes as well as I think it will. It is always a test of my patience. The kids are wound up and usually end up crying by the end of the day. So having the patience to make cookies with two 8 year olds is...well...a trying time. I may end up crying by the end of it. I think all they really want to do is frost the damn things. Maybe I will buy already made cookies and just have them frost them. What an attitude! The way I would like it to be is like the commercial of the mother in her clean house baking cookies with her children, who are quiet and patient. And at the end of the commercial, they hug and the kids look at their mother like she is the best mother in the world. My house, the scene is quite different. Clearing space on my counter, flour everywhere, fighting over the cookie cutters and who will roll the dough, "are they done yet", "can I frost them now", and a disaster of a mess to clean up. But, as I think about it, I wouldn't want it any other way. I mean, if I didn't go to bed exhausted every day, then what is the purpose. I know someday I will miss the chaos. At least I keep telling myself that. I hope that I don't go completely insane in the meantime. Until then, Merry Christmas, from my crazy house to yours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)
1 comment:
I love you Judy! Enjoy all the crazy moments with your adorable children! How would I make it through this insane world without my beloved Judy! Merry Christmas!! I love you!!
Post a Comment