Monday, June 18, 2012
Summer 2012
I am always so happy when school is out and the kids can enjoy some time off. Life is busy, and I always loved summer vacation, I hope my kids do too. Haley is off on an adventure of a lifetime going to London, Scotland, Wales and Ireland with a student ambassador program. I hope this teaches her a few things like appreciation for what she has here, responsibility and open her mind to the big big world full of wonderful things. The thing that is surprising is what her trip is teaching me. Not only do I miss her more than I thought I would, I think about our relationship and how I want it to be when she returns. I want to listen more and not be so quick to tell her what she did wrong. It also gives me a glimpse of what will be in the future when she goes to college or someday gets married and not living with me. I hate it. I know that this time is a precious. It goes by way too fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)
No comments:
Post a Comment