Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I've Truly Lost it now.

Aunt B is not happy in the hospital. She is as fragile as she can be and sometimes those nurses and aides can be rough. Today, I had enough of seeing Aunt B cry. I am taking her home. I wanted to perform my Shirley McClain impersonation in Terms of Endearment and start screaming, give my daughter her pain pill! But I didn't. As the "Team" gathered to give me their assessment of Aunt B, it was all I could do to not unplug the bed and wheel her home in it. I mean it is only a few blocks from my house. As good as some of the nurses were there, they didn't get it. They don't understand her needs. They talk to her like she is retarded, they poke, grab, tape and hurt her. Aunt B deserves better. When my Aunt Charlotte was in a nursing home begging to come home, I didn't do it. I was 23 and didn't have the "Hutspa" as I do now. I have regretted not taking her home and caring for her. After talking it over with Troy, we decided to try to care for Aunt B at home. I am nervous that I won't be able to do it. She can't walk, stand, or even sit up. I just think she will get better quicker at home. I hope it works out. Troy is awesome to help out. He said to me that we are a team in this, and we will do it together. Wow, that's pretty amazing.

No comments:

Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)

Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)