Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kids Sleeping...not.

I think my kids have it in for me. They don't sleep. Josh and Haley would stay up all night if I let them. Max begs me to cuddle with him and then falls asleep. So that's great, I love that kid for that reason. Haley stays up later than me. I can't stay up that late. She has always loved to stay up late. I remember when she was little, we would lay in her room and I would put in a movie that would for sure put her to sleep, BAMBI. If you can make it through the opening credits of Bambi, and not fall asleep, then you are a true champ. I, am no champ. I fall asleep before the Director credit is on screen. I would come to about half way through the movie, and there is Haley, bright eyed like it is some suspense thriller. So I don't even try with Haley.

Last night I swear Josh was up three times. The first time was a blood curdling scream that would raise me from the dead. I go clomping into his room expecting him to be handing me a bloody stump and he says, "I can't find the remote." For the love. I said Josh, it is time to sleep. Don't worry about the remote because I am turning off your TV. Go potty. He does, and cuddles in bed and goes to sleep. Then about 2 hours later, "Mommmmm." Again, I go running in there like a drunken sailor, what? "I want to change my underwear," he says. I am not making this stuff up. This actually happened. I said, ok, change your underwear. Here is a pair, put these on. Go potty. Now go to bed. The last time he woke up, he just quietly appeared at my bed, gets right in my face and says, "mom, I'm cold." Ok, get in my bed. Which means, I have to get up, because Troy and Max are there too. So I go lay in Josh/Max's bed for another 15 minutes until my alarm goes off. I think to myself, when was the last time I really slept through the night. I can't remember. Haley is 12, it was probably before then. I have been married for 18 years, Troy hasn't gone to bed before 10:00 in our entire marriage. So it was probably around 1985 when I slept through the night. That's ok. I am not complaining too much. I know someday I will get too much sleep and the kids won't be around. I try to remember that when I am clomping into their bedrooms all night.

No comments:

Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)

Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)