Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

It was a beautiful night for Trick or Treating. Usually, I am not a fan of this Holiday, but everything seemed to work out just right. Great weather, dinner done early, kids ready to go by dusk, and Troy's candy bonanza was ready for the little monsters to come. My kids enjoyed trick or treating this year, so it made it enjoyable for me. We actually made it around the block before the "I'm tired" started coming out!

Max was a Bakugan character named Dan Cursoe? No clue. And Josh was "Toad" from Mario Brothers. Josh's costume came with just the hat and the vest. I made the pants (by hand because I don't sew or own a sewing machine). I put an iron-on image of Toad on his shirt because no-one knew what he was. Everytime someone asked my what my kids were going as for Halloween I had to go into this dissertation on what they were. They chose obscure characters. But whatever they want to be, I am not going to get in their way.

We went around with the neighbor kids. Haley went to the Utah Football game and came back home with boys from her school. Good grief! I'm looking at these boys and shaking my head like are you kidding me? They just stand in my kitchen and look at Haley and her friend Aline. They were a little nervous and I remembered my Jr. High experiences and how awkward it was to have boys over. They finally left and the kids finally wound down from the sugar overload and passed out. They all had a good Halloween!

No comments:

Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)

Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)