I didn't get my Christmas spirit this year. I don't know why. It just never came. Usually it comes late, like Dec. 24, I will have a quiet moment and it all hits me. But this year.. not so much. It became a deadline to me. I didn't get it done. It still isn't done, and there is an urge to go shopping and finish it. But how do you finish something that is over. I can't believe it is over. I still think it is a month out. What the hell happened? Was I in some vortex of time where I missed a month? I have the extra Christmas weight to prove it was hear, maybe I ate it.
I look at my kids and think what am I teaching them about Christmas. Did I bake cookies, no, did we look at lights, one night on the way home (but does that really count) did we sing Christmas carols, no. I am sure my kids will survive without doing these things. But I want to do things with them because they are growing up so fast that I might miss out. And really what 20 year old wants to bake cookies with their mother. You see my point.
So I am done with being not ready. I am changing my ways. I want to be organized and run like a well oiled machine. The problem is I am old...and tired. But those are excuses, and I am done with those.
So here are some goals for the new year:
Be on time..to everything
get organized
buy Christmas early
have more dinner parties with friends
exercise more
blog more
I know, it's a lot to accomplish. But, something has to change, I can't go on living this way. It's making me nuts!! I will report on how it's going. Wish me luck!
3 comments:
Ditto everything you said! Especially the month disappering. But I do have a 20 year old that loves to bake cookies with her mom, so no worries there. We missed everything. So let's just say "Screw Christmas this year!"
Love ya so much!!!
20 years olds might not like to bake cookies with their mom - but 30 year olds do!
good luck jude! i'm full on supporting you...all the way from Missura..so that's a lot of support.
Post a Comment