Saturday, March 5, 2011

Think Spring

I am oh so ready for spring! To go for walks, go to the park, and picnic outside will be wonderful. But I know living in Utah we still have some snow ahead. I am starting to think of what to plant, where we are going to go for some instate adventures. Something to get these kids away from the TV. The Zoo, Liberty Park, MillCreek Canyon, Park City, camping to name a few.

I'm looking around my house and it is so full of stuff, spring cleaning would help but I just lack motivation. I clean all weekend, and when I come home Monday after work, it looks the same as when I started to clean. It is like I clean off a shelf, and then something fills it back in again! I take clothes to charity and then someone gives us clothes to fill back the drawers. I can't win. Then I picture my life in 10 years. And what will my house look like. Haley will be 24 and could be living on her own? The boys will be 18 and there won't be power rangers on my bed and on my floor. There will be big shoes, and jackets, books and gear. So I try not to get too angry at my messy house. Because I would rather have the three kids here and all their mess, than a clean empty house. It will come someday. I try to enjoy what I have right now, no matter how messy it is.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the perspective :)

tara said...

oh jude, you are so wise. please text me daily jude wisdoms...please?

Judy said...

I don't think I am wise, maybe just trying to rationalize my life and my messy house. I miss you Tara ! Hope J Lo is behaving.

Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)

Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)