Apparently, my liver is not happy. Damn liver. Nothing too serious, just not happy. So I need to eat like a fricken rabbit now. Which will be good for me. But I so love food. You know, really good, rich food with cream and butter...mmmm butter. But reality, like it always does for me, comes knocken' at my door. Damn door. I need to give up sugar, bye bye cookies, flour, bye bye bread, and animal products, bye bye lean roast beef sandwiches. I'm even supposed to give up alcohol. Now wait just a damn minute. No wine? How will I cope through Haley's teenage years. I was stocking up. Oh deep sigh! So say hello to my little friend, tofu. Now, I am game for tofu in miso soup. Yes, it's a winner. And occasionally in stirfry. But tofu burgers and tofu pretending to be a taco? I guess I will learn to love it. Damn tofu. So I will post some of my encounters with tofu and we will see how this goes. Then there is Troy. Damn Troy. Who can eat ANYTHING. Never gains weight, never has any health concerns and eats like a 17 year old boy trying to fatten up to be on the Offensive Line! Not fair (here is the pity party). My house is full of treats! But, as my pity party ends, I am going to be good and not snack on them, see if my levels go down and try to maintain a healthy loving lifestyle. Damn Troy.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
My New Friend...Tofu
Apparently, my liver is not happy. Damn liver. Nothing too serious, just not happy. So I need to eat like a fricken rabbit now. Which will be good for me. But I so love food. You know, really good, rich food with cream and butter...mmmm butter. But reality, like it always does for me, comes knocken' at my door. Damn door. I need to give up sugar, bye bye cookies, flour, bye bye bread, and animal products, bye bye lean roast beef sandwiches. I'm even supposed to give up alcohol. Now wait just a damn minute. No wine? How will I cope through Haley's teenage years. I was stocking up. Oh deep sigh! So say hello to my little friend, tofu. Now, I am game for tofu in miso soup. Yes, it's a winner. And occasionally in stirfry. But tofu burgers and tofu pretending to be a taco? I guess I will learn to love it. Damn tofu. So I will post some of my encounters with tofu and we will see how this goes. Then there is Troy. Damn Troy. Who can eat ANYTHING. Never gains weight, never has any health concerns and eats like a 17 year old boy trying to fatten up to be on the Offensive Line! Not fair (here is the pity party). My house is full of treats! But, as my pity party ends, I am going to be good and not snack on them, see if my levels go down and try to maintain a healthy loving lifestyle. Damn Troy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haley (11), Josh and Max (5)
2 comments:
thank you for my thursday, post lunch giggle...you are hilar
What the heck is going on? Sorry about my crazy phone call about Bruce Brunsvold (did i spell that right?) Any way call me and lets get dinner on the plan.
B
Post a Comment